1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Operation Hatch has commenced!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CajunChick, Jan 21, 2010.

1. CajunChick

CajunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    I finally got the nerve to put my eggs in my homemade bator! Here are just a couple of pictures of my setup. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks so much!
    GEAUX SAINTS!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Good luck!

3. archerobx

archerobx Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Pa
    cool

4. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Good luck!

And I agree....Go Saints! [​IMG]

5. CajunChick

Mar 25, 2009
    Thanks y'all! The only time I won't be obsessively checking my bator will be during the Saints game on Sunday [​IMG]

6. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Geaux! Geaux! We will be sending you positive hatching vibes! We are setting eggs next week!

7. CajunChick

Mar 25, 2009
    Thanks! I need all of the positive vibes I can get [​IMG]

8. Keri78

Keri78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    NJ
    I should be putting my eggies in Sat or Sun!!! This should be fun to hatch together!!! Watcha Hatchin??? I got 6 silkie babies(splash & cuckoo)!!!

9. Keri78

Keri78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    NJ
    I'm all "Studied Up" on hatching eggs so I just told my girlfriend that I'm officially like the people that "Know just how to raise kids" but have never had a kid!!!(LOL) So the proofs in the puddin...we'll see what I "really" know in 21 days or so!!![​IMG] I've read through the "Dry Hatch" article on the BYC homepage as well as the other article and am going to try to impliment the "egg carton method" at the end!!!???[​IMG] I sound like I know what I'm talkin about ...RIGHT???[​IMG] Ok...Night-Night!

10. CajunChick

Mar 25, 2009
    I have mutts! This is my first hatch so I didn't want to invest a great deal of $$ in my eggs. If all goes well, I want a few silkies and maybe a frizzle or two. I was going to just hatch eggs from my girls, but I went to the local feed store and they had fertile "barnyard" eggs for $2 a dozen. I think I'm making my family crazy...it's all chickens all the time here [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by