opinion on Brinsea Octoagon with pump

teutschb

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 25, 2011
Alliance, OH
I am going to order this incubator. I was wondering how others like it? I don't seem to have any luck with the Big Giant. So, I am going to try this one, so, I just wondered how others like there's. I'v had problems with the humidity with the Giant. I'm hoping this one dose better. Please give me some feed back before I buy!! Thank You All! Chris-Ohio

Last edited:
I have a Brinsea pro 20 with the auto turner and pump. I absolutely love it. To me it was worth the extra money. Ive had mine for about 6 years now. The only thing is I find the digital reading to be slightly off from the button. No matter how many times I pull the button off and line it back up, its still wrong. I just keep an extra hygrometer in their to double check.

You won't do better. I absolutely love mine. Very, very precise. (I even love the faint sound of the pump when it's working -- makes me think of an old dog at night, lightly snoring. It brings back memories of many old dogs I've loved over the years.....) I had guinea eggs saved that I couldn't put in it when I started the first batch, so I'm putting them in a Hovabator 1602 that I bought just for hatching, figuring "what the hey;" I might as well lose them trying to hatch them without the Brinsea as to letting them age out. Being spoiled by the Brinsea, I find myself grumbling at the Hova -- it doesn't come anywhere close to the Brinsea's precision. I have to watch the temperature constantly. Who knows if it will hatch anything for me. But I know the Brinsea will!

I absolutely love the Octagon 20 Advance. The only thing I noticed was that the digital read out for the temperature and the actual temperature down by the eggs was different. I would say that the read out is correct for where the sensor is at the top of the incubator. The temperature down in the egg tray is actually cooler. I got the Spot Check thermometer to verify this and used it to adjust the temperature at the top of the eggs. Once I did that, I didn't have to fiddle with the temperature again. The pump works great. Pretty much set and forget since it has an auto turner as well. Highly recommend that incubator!

Back
Top Bottom