Opinion on refilling laser toner/ink cartridges?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whitehouse Quail, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    I was just wondering what you all think of it.... I have a $100 printer, and have to replace a $60 toner cartridge, but I don't want to buy a new one. I was thinking of just getting a kit to refill it, but here are my main concerns:

1. Will the quality still be ok? This is my main concern!
    2. Will it ruin the printer in any way?
    3. Will it void the warranty? (I mean I don't really care, but it'd be nice to know. Samsung is the brand.)

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    I buy my ink @ 123inkjets. Half the price of what I was buying. Also shop through ebates. Love the cash back each quarter for shopping through there site. Check came yesterday & was $38--- easy money for shopping online buying stuff I would normally buy.

3. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Quote:The quality will be okay, it will not hurt the printer, doubt it affects the warranty. I found that it just didn't last long enough to make the savings worthwhile, but that was for my machine...your's might be different.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I have a basic HP printer, been refilling the cartridges for years with a $20 kit from Costco. Haven't any problems. Follow the directions and work over a thick layer of newspaper with a thick paper towel handy.

Make sure you "burp" them, or they don't get a full load of ink. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by