Opinions? Help needed!! What is this noise my ayeslbury is making?

Pics

Flutterbudget

Songster
Sep 6, 2020
Hi all!

So I noticed this probably yesterday or the day before hand when she was sifting through the grass but this morning it’s being done when she isn’t even eating or grazing. They have deep enough water, her nares are clean and I’ve looked to see if anything is lodged in her mouth and it’s as clean as a whistle. Would anyone say it’s a respiratory infection? It sounds to me like a high pitched cough or hiccup. I’d say it’s become a little more frequent, just looking for anyone’s expertise on the matter please! She’s my blind duck so she’s entirely my baby and I’m her guidance so I am concerned, please let me know!

Hi all!

So I noticed this probably yesterday or the day before hand when she was sifting through the grass but this morning it’s being done when she isn’t even eating or grazing. They have deep enough water, her nares are clean and I’ve looked to see if anything is lodged in her mouth and it’s as clean as a whistle. Would anyone say it’s a respiratory infection? It sounds to me like a high pitched cough or hiccup. I’d say it’s become a little more frequent, just looking for anyone’s expertise on the matter please! She’s my blind duck so she’s entirely my baby and I’m her guidance so I am concerned, please let me know!
it sounds almost like a cross between a hiccup and a sneeze-
@Miss Lydia @ruthhope ?

I’m at work for 14 hours so I’ll listen tomorrow morning and let you know. I’ve noticed it when she’s sifting through grass it’s only today that she’s been doing it when not ingesting food. Thank you for your help though :)

Arrived home and she’s done it at least 4 times in the last five minutes, before and after food so I think I’m going to book her in at the vets, does anyone think it could be a respiratory infection or even something lodged in her throat she could’ve ingested?

Back
Top Bottom