1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

opinions on another marans/BRock dilemma ?????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lurky, Jul 17, 2008.

1. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  2. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Did i stump BYC ????? [​IMG] As much as i was hoping for a guess...... this must be a first [​IMG]

3. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    well i for one have no idea what that other one is but the dark does look like a BR ........sometimes this site makes you wanna [​IMG]

4. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Hey Sara, how is the little one? Any stitches? I thought you had a cuckoo marans? I thought we had some members here with knowledge of the less kept breeds [​IMG] I'll have to email them off to the experts i guess i should have done that in the first place.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You do have a Barred Rock pullet, but the other one, I really cant say for sure. It looks like a Marans cross of some kind, meaning they crossed Marans colors maybe.

6. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    She is fine just a little poke. Ya that one looks like a marans but off [​IMG] way off

7. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Heck I am on the post here and I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking at. From where I am sitting all I have is an edited post asking if we are stumped.lol. If that is it then yes I am stumped.

8. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I guess she will be my mystery bird......She is the sweetest and softest of all my big birds. The guy that gave it to me ordered Barred Rocks and BO's from the feed store and came to the shop (remember) and gave me one of each. So maybe this is just the hatchery version of either the rock or the marans [​IMG] I'm glad Abby is ok.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by