1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Opinions on Best Vitamens and Electrolytes

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Superior Chicks, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Superior Chicks

Superior Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

What do you use?

I'd prefer to use something I can add to the baby chicks water and then continue to use thereafter.

I can't remember what I used the last time I got chicks! (This memory loss thing really su............oops..[​IMG])

Whatever it was it was good stuff. What do you use?

Thanks in advance.

Ma

2. Bowlzie

Bowlzie Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2008
    Never heard of using electrolytes for chicks, I have a few bottles of Hydro Life for my leopard Geckos.

3. LSU2001

LSU2001 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2008
    Cut Off Louisiana
    I am using Agrilabs
    Vitamins &Electrolytes "Plus"
    This is what the packet says:

Designed for use in Cattle, Swine, Sheep, Horses, Ruminants, Poultry and Turkeys during periods of stress or reduced feed intake.

I was told to use this for about a week or so then switch to plain pure water.
    Tim

4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I use a product called Pro-Vital All Bird Economy. It is Vit, Electrolytes and Pro-Biotics. It is for Poultry, Pigeons and other fowl. You can read up on it at:http://www.provitalhealth.com/

I found them from reading Poultry Press and I have been very satisfied. Their product is not very expensive and I like that I can use it all the time.

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I bought poultry electrolytes w/stabilized vitamin C at the co-op, brand name Russell produced by a company called Alpharma.
    I only used it during the extreme heat of late July and the month of August. Otherwise fresh clean water seems to work just fine.

6. The Farmers Wife

The Farmers Wife Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Arkansas
    I use "Quick Chick" from Murray McMurray........ I have for years..........they don't charge shipping for this product..... water soluble.......works well.....

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by