Opinions on efowl

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SuperPeacockman, Jun 2, 2011.

1. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    What do you guys think of efowl?

2. ducks_rcool329

ducks_rcool329 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Black Forest, Colorado
    Quote:They are not a hatchery, they simply drop ship from other hatcheries. I have ordered from them 3 times, all of which I had a bad experience. I would go with ideal poultry.

3. nikbrown

nikbrown New Egg

Apr 19, 2011
    Received 15/25 black magpie ducks this morning from efowl. All arrived safe and look good. Contacted them via email this morning and they responded in 20 min saying the other 10 should ship next week.

So I guess so far so good.... have nothing to compair it to though.

4. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Bought my 3 cayuga females from them last year...all arrived healthy and alert. They are still in my backyard now.

5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    They drop ship you are just paying more when you can buy directly from Ideal Poultry which is one of the places where they get their ducklings.

6. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Metzer or Holderread are better. efowl ships from them too. Ideal poultry has a bad habit of sending male chickens for "heat"

7. ducks_rcool329

ducks_rcool329 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Black Forest, Colorado
    Quote:I would prefer the male chickens over dead chickens any day. Its not like you can't just put them on craigslist. Almost all hatcheries will include male chicks if its in the spring or winter for warmth. I know that Murray, Ideal Cackle, Sandhill and Strongbergs all do that.

8. jumpstart

jumpstart New Egg

Jun 14, 2011
    Our fam had a good experience with efowl! All chicks arrived healthy and kickin', no dead, one extra female chick.
    Would order from them again! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by