opinions on my newly updated website, please :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Funky Feathers, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Hi, please take a look and give me your honest opinions, both good and bad: www.funkyfeathers.com. What I want your opinions on: overall website- interesting? Well done? Pics- good quality photos or need improvement? Also quality of my birds, be specific on which birds you are talking about. Which page do you like the best? Why? Thanks! I am trying to make my website as good as I can, hopefully I will get more customers in 2010. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Great site![​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I'm gonna start you off with the basics. Check your coding. The word don't fit in the blue boxes on all choices and the narrative runs over the blue background and looks funky. Keep pluggin!!!!! Websites are hard to make perfect. My hubby is an IT guy and when I run out of suggestions I will have him take a look.

And I love saying Hi Fattie!!!!

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I like the pictures. However, it looks very cluttered. Also, the visit counter is a little bit junky. Not bad though!

5. debilorrah

Oh and I have IE 8 here. I love the pics and the basis of the site. I am picking on the look right now.

6. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:It's the only visit counter I had to choose from. VistaPrint only has the one. Maybe I could put it in a less conspicuous place? Is it just the home page that looks cluttered or every page? Thanks!

7. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:What is coding, Debi? How do I make the words fit in the boxes? I don't want them to be too small or you won't be able to see them. I don't want to make people put on their glasses to see my links. [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

Quote:What is coding, Debi? How do I make the words fit in the boxes? I don't want them to be too small or you won't be able to see them. I don't want to make people put on their glasses to see my links. [​IMG]

Hmmmm..... Let me have hubby take a look i nthe morning. He builds websites. Is this a free option for you? And do you feel comfortable letting him in there to fix stuff? check out 24towit.com he is still working on it, but you can see his work from that site.

9. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:It's the only visit counter I had to choose from. VistaPrint only has the one. Maybe I could put it in a less conspicuous place? Is it just the home page that looks cluttered or every page? Thanks!

Yeah, put it lower down the home page and it'll look tidier. Oh, and I'm on Google Chrome.

10. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Yes, Debi, that would be fine. Any help is appreciated. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by