Opinions on Octagon 20 incubator

randomchick

Songster
10 Years
Sep 3, 2009
Prescott, Ontario
Looking for opinions on the octagon 20 and octagon 40 incubators. I think this may be the incubator for me, but I would like some opinions before I make a purchase.
Thanks all.
smile.png

Love it, love it, love it.

I have the Octagon 20 Eco. Set it and FORGET IT! Well, except for turning, lol, I don't have the auto turning. I find it does a lot better if you set it, and then don't fuss with it at all.

Mine holds temps very well, and I have gotten GREAT hatches out of it.

I have the ECO 20 with autoturn cradle and I love it for several reasons... it's reliable, extremely easy to clean, holds temp and humidity well, very easy to use, and takes up little space.

I have 4 GQF Sportsman 'bators but will be using my Brinsea for my next batch of eggs as there are only about 20 eggs and I don't want to fire up the big cabinets for such a small batch. I'm quite confident that the eggs will do just as well in the Brinsea.

Good luck with your purchase, whatever you decide on!

Quote:
Buying an incubator should come with a warning that incubating eggs is VERY addictive! I started with the Brinsea ECO 20 and now (only a few months later) have 4 large GQF cabinet models.

Hope you let us know how your hatches go when you get your new incubator!

I have the 20 advance with cradle. got that instead of the eco because of a good price on ebay. Really not a big advantage over the ECO. These are excellent incubators for the small hobby breeder. The tray can hold an honest 26 chicken eggs but it would be more than a little tight with a hatch of more than 15 or so. See my pics on todays thread with 15 average size chicks in a 20. Very happy with mine.

Back
Top Bottom