Opinions on sexing these guys

TheTwoRoos

Crowing
Sep 25, 2015
Before anyone says anything,I am aware these chicks are young and I can’t be hundred percent sure yet,I like guessing and these chicks are showing signs of male and female,it’s pretty much just for fun and see if I end up correct or not.

First guy is Fat Albert because he has Huge feet,and thick legs (Like their father and all my other cockerels.)On top of that him and the other suspected cockerel fight extremely more intense than any pullets that I have ever had,just like their past brothers and fathers.Aware all chicks fight but most generally it seems to be the males who can’t stop till one of them is hurt.They also bow heads such as males do usually.
Here the first one is-
DF36BE1B-B779-44BE-9444-F86FA951BB7B.jpeg
508EDD71-55FC-4E4E-B809-0BA972ACCA6B.jpeg
Obvious combs and wattles,waddles are coming in bright,combs turning dark,based on his behavior I think it’s a male but we will see.

Here is the other chick he constantly fights with-This chick also has huge feet and thick legs.
9F254199-0DB8-4DD6-A7FB-BE048E2B90B3.jpeg

This chick isn’t getting red but his attitude screams male.Anytime I touch him pecks my hands and freaks out.These two are also the most independent and have no fears of getting in the hens faces.

I hatched them with a hen so they can be mutts.But I do think Fat Albert is a pure New Hampshire,he looks identical to all the rest.The other chick is in going to guess a production red.Looks like both breeds,a Rhode Island Red And New Hampshire red,which creates a production red,he looks identical to all production red chicks.The nest I got the eggs out of typically is where all my Nee Hampshire reds and Rhode Island reds lay usually.

I’m pretty much basing everything from past experiences with young roosters their age.

5236D8E7-614C-40EE-A5CB-9D612695FE95.jpeg
Here is what I’m pretty for is a girl.She is the actual mutt I think(I think she is the Silver dorking because she is small like my silver grey dorking and I had the silver grey dorking egg under He hen and it hatched,she has all these different colors and spots she looks like she could be related with my silver grey hen).She has absolutely now addle development and a tiny comb.Not like the other two.Also,she doesn’t fight,she actually avoids the others and runs when they try bullying her (May I mind you there is only three of them and two tiny baby chciks I added along with mother hen.)So far she has a pullets attitude.

2FC7B774-DBA8-46F0-B5AF-EE1C388F4D05.jpeg
E809613D-106F-47E8-80A8-6207CE5B8C15.jpeg
Guys setting darker,comb has improved and his waddles are coming in full strength cherry red,here he was squaring off with his siblings,I do believe other is a male just because of how he soars,on top of that his combs and waddles have came in,but are still pale.No crowing,obviously he is very young,but he still screams male too me.

Back
Top Bottom