Opinions on tbe Farm Innovators 4200 please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SassyChix, Feb 21, 2013.

1. SassyChix

SassyChix Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    NW Indiana
    has anyone used one of these incubators. Im considering it for a first incubator. thanks!

2. thasista

thasista Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    KY
    My Coop
    I have a farm innovators, but not sure of the model number. I have had no trouble with it. I use it as a hatcher and haven't had to adjust the temp at all and there have been some temp fluctuations in my house.

3. SassyChix

Feb 21, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thanks! Ive been doing a lot of looking and this one includes the egg turner and an egg candler. The price isnt bad either. I dont want so spend a fortune right off the bat.

4. HappyBC

HappyBC Out Of The Brooder

I bought this exact one for my first incubator last month. It has worked perfectly. The only suggestion I would make is to get a good thermometer and hygrometer as the one that is installed is not accurate.
    Yesterday and today, I have hatched out my very first chicks..and it held its temperature throughout. For the price..I think its a great value.

5. SassyChix

Feb 21, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Someone else had said the same thing about it being off. thanks! What did you use?

6. HappyBC

I actually poked a digital meat thermometer through the styrofoam. I just leave it there all the time and just switch it on to check the temp.

1 person likes this.
  7. skylarms

skylarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Buckley, WA
    I'm using one now. Definitely get a separate temp/humidity gauge. It does fluctuate in temp and I'm really hoping the babies are okay. I couldn't handle it and bought a really nice incubator used. If course, now day 11, temps are holding better. I am definitely going to keep it and use it as my Hatcher. For the money, I think it is a good buy. I got mine for 120.

8. Windy Way Farms

Windy Way Farms New Egg

Jul 3, 2012
    Forget the candler, don't trust the thermostat or the hygrometer. Buy a large display lcd dual thermometer and hygrometer. The adjustment dial is very sensitive. Don't get picky with it and be patient. Love mine.

9. SassyChix

Feb 21, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have only seen it in pictures. It say it is plastic. Where is the styrofoam? I work at Radioshack I have access to all kinds of thermometers/hygrometers.

10. HappyBC

Its styrofoam with a plastic shell

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by