1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Opinions on this incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KDailey, Jul 29, 2011.

1. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Anybody have any opinions/experiances with this incubator?

http://www.strombergschickens.com/p...-Window-Hova-Bator-Incubator/basic-incubators

The discription says:

Electronic Thermostat Circulated Air Picture Window Hovabator Incubator This NEW Picture Window circulated air incubator comes with a thermometer, plastic bottom liner and with the electronic thermostat regulates itself to the 99.5 degree range! Includes 12 volt transformer which is plugged into 110 v. outlet. Picture window allows improved visibility of the entire incubating and hatching process. Great for school projects. New increased lid depth will accommodate larger sized eggs without an expansion ring. You can use the #ATOI Automatic Turner with this model. Egg capacity without turner is 130 quail,80 pheasant-chukar, 50 chicken, 40 turkey, 20 goose. 110 volts, 25 watts, 18 1/2 " x 18 1/2" x 91/4".TUV listed. (220 volt model not available) Electronic Thermostat Inc. w/Fan 12vDC--110volt
    Shipping is included!

$142.95

It's on sale along with a few others: http://www.strombergschickens.com/prod_detail_list/brinsea-incubator-sale

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

3. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

I have one and its easy set it and forget it. The temp stays perfect. I have a auto tuner with mine and only open it twice throughout the incubation to add water, candle and take the turner out at lockdown. I get 90%-100% hatches on my own eggs. Something to watch for is when you clean it after a hatch I let mine sit out in the sun to long and the window in the lid got a little warped. Still works fine but its hard to see though on that side and wish I didn't leave it in the sun so long.

I would recommend this incubator I love the big window to watch the hatching. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Awesome! Ok I placed my order!

Ta-Da!

Hova-bator 1588 circulated air with thermostat and an automatic turner!

5. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

You will love it!

6. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Looks great! I like the set and forget part about it. What kind of thermostat does it use?

7. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    I don't think it said specifically but it's pre-set for 100 degrees so when you turn it on it automatically goes to that temp but it said it can easily be adjusted all the way down to 80 if needed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by