1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Opinions on Wyandottes?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by dg14, Feb 21, 2015.

1. dg14

dg14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2014
    I have one barred rock and 1 buff orpington 2 blue laced wyandottes and 2 gold laced wyandottes who i've just introduced to one another. pecking order still going on its the 3rd or 4th day. there finally calming down.

2. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    This is just my opinion and experience. Wyandottes can be aggressive, I've had a few who I classified as b*tchy. The other thing I would be concerned with is that all the other birds you have are dark/similar colored. This leaves the docile buff as the weird looking bird, the odd one out. She may get picked on a lot because of that. "Birds of a feather flock together" is often true so the buff may have a difficult time fitting in with either clique. I hope this is not true for you but keep a special eye on her. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  3. dg14

dg14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2014
    Funny you mention that, i was concerned about that since she is the only sold colored. However, shes buddyed with the barred rock shes not gotten picked on yet. those 2 are 6 months and the 4 Wyandottes are too tiny to be aggressive as of yet being 3+ months. i did make a mistake and i didnt hold them as much as i held the others. so they are a bit timid obviously.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by