Opinions / picture request

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Badhbh, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Can ya'll show me some chickens? [​IMG] I ordered some chicks to cheer myself up, and they're ones that i've never had before. The pictures online are ok, but i'd like to see some birds that aren't show quality and in their natural habitat [​IMG]
    I'm getting...
    Silver laced Polish
    Mottled Houdan
    Crececouers
    Blue Cochin
    Black Cochin
    White cochin

Anyone have opinions or pictures?

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Go to google, and click "Images" at the top. Then enter the name of each breed you are looking for and you'll get thousands of pictures to view...

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:That's a good suggestion. I was thinking "Feathersite", but Google would give you photos from numerous sources.

4. Badhbh

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I did that already [​IMG] I had decent luck with the Cochins, but almost none with the Creves or the Houdans.
    Besides, I like seeing everyone's birds here. [​IMG]

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Here is one of my Mottled Houdan , Larry.

[​IMG]

6. Badhbh

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Ooh very pretty! How are they temperment wise? Satan (RIP Satan) was insane. He's the only polish roo i've ever had [​IMG]

7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I had 3 Larry , Moe & Curly. Moe went to a new home. THey aren't bad, not particularly loving but not crazy either. They don't volunteer to be held, but once you pick them up they are pretty content.
    Their crows leave much to be desired in my book, about equal to fingernails on a chalkboard.....[​IMG]
    They try to intimidate the other chickens, but the other day my bantam cochin, Uno, stood up to Larry and Larry backed off [​IMG] It was pretty funny seeing this little bitty bird stand his ground. Of course they are all just a few months old too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by