Opinions Please : Rooster or Hen? many Pics posted

Swimmy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 6, 2011
Texas
Hi everyone, may I please have your opinions on whether my "ameraucana" (most likely an easter egger) is a Rooster or a Hen? These pullets are 8 weeks old. **The one in question is the brown/black/white multi colored chicken**. I have been feeling this chicken, due to the shape and growth of its tail feathers and the size and advancing color of its comb compared to the others, is a rooster. I have plans to rehome it next week, and want to get your opinions before I do so. Thank you in advance

the one above ^^ I think is a Hen : the one below VV I think is a rooster

left two right : 2 hens and the rooster?

the chicken in question above ^^ Rooster? and below VV

Last edited:
I agree with what you say....two hens and a rooster. I think, but could be wrong, that the multicolor (as in 3 colors or more) for EEs helps identify as a roo. I think he is very pretty and will probably be very gorgeous when he grows up.

Thanks! Melinda35 and Willowbranchfarm, I really appreciate your replys
smile.png
... love the avatar pic of your dog, too, Melinda35. I have a choc lab/pit mix that looks nearly the same. Yes, I think "he" will be very pretty when he grows to maturity, as well. Wish I could keep him but I can't. Good news is he will be rehomed to a family member that wants and can have roosters for her hens. My daughters named him Cinderella when we got him as a day old ... guess now he's a Prince Charming
wink.png
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom