Opinions Please : Rooster or Hen? many Pics posted

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Swimmy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Swimmy

Swimmy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2011
    Texas
    Hi everyone, may I please have your opinions on whether my "ameraucana" (most likely an easter egger) is a Rooster or a Hen? These pullets are 8 weeks old. **The one in question is the brown/black/white multi colored chicken**. I have been feeling this chicken, due to the shape and growth of its tail feathers and the size and advancing color of its comb compared to the others, is a rooster. I have plans to rehome it next week, and want to get your opinions before I do so. Thank you in advance

[​IMG]

the one above ^^ I think is a Hen : the one below VV I think is a rooster

[​IMG]

left two right : 2 hens and the rooster?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the chicken in question above ^^ Rooster? and below VV

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. Melinda35

Melinda35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    I agree with what you say....two hens and a rooster. I think, but could be wrong, that the multicolor (as in 3 colors or more) for EEs helps identify as a roo. I think he is very pretty and will probably be very gorgeous when he grows up.

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    X2

4. Swimmy

Swimmy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks! Melinda35 and Willowbranchfarm, I really appreciate your replys [​IMG] ... love the avatar pic of your dog, too, Melinda35. I have a choc lab/pit mix that looks nearly the same. Yes, I think "he" will be very pretty when he grows to maturity, as well. Wish I could keep him but I can't. Good news is he will be rehomed to a family member that wants and can have roosters for her hens. My daughters named him Cinderella when we got him as a day old ... guess now he's a Prince Charming [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by