Opinions please. What incubator would you recommend?

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
I'll be purchasing a new smaller bator soon and was wondering what everyone would recommend? And where to buy it from? I want something that will hold at least 20 eggs at a time, but it has to be under $160. I also want something easy to control temp/hum wise.

Any recommendations?

I have 3 hova-bators with egg turners and forced air and they hold 42 eggs each. With the forced air the temps are always on the mark once they are originally set. I hardly ever check temps anymore but when I do they are right. I got mine for around $130.00 each and I have a good hatch rate.

I recommend you the " Little Giants Still-Air Incubator " I got it from my local feed store "Gebos" and it costs $50.00 and it's very easy to control the temp and humidity. The first time i got it I just turned it on and i tested it with some eggs out of a grocery store (no fertilized) I was just checking it and I just cheked it like 1 time a day and the temp was GREAT! then i put my FERTILIZED eggs in there and all 5 hatched (still waiting for 2 more they have pipped but not hatched)

Just ordered my 2nd. Genesis 1588 yesterday, it is a no brainer!
Now for 12.95 you can hook it to a battery and it will stay warm for 3 days if you loose power, also have another way you can use a car lighter to keep power, I have had great hatches with this new bator,LOve it.
Ordered it from the company that makes it GOF in Georgia.
Seems to be the best price.

Thank you for the replies.
smile.png

Anyone else?

Ms. Lewis Rich :

Just ordered my 2nd. Genesis 1588 yesterday, it is a no brainer!
Now for 12.95 you can hook it to a battery and it will stay warm for 3 days if you loose power, also have another way you can use a car lighter to keep power, I have had great hatches with this new bator,LOve it.
Ordered it from the company that makes it GOF in Georgia.
Seems to be the best price.

As soon as I get my pennies in order and saved, This is the one I plan on getting. I would LOVE to find someone that has one used and is willing to sell. Problem is that the shipping is high these days.

BTW I hated my Little Giant incubator. I found it hard to get the temperature stabile, the well at the bottom of the styrofoam construction (where you put the water) was almost impossible to get to when the turner was in and the turner itself has a motor on it that REALLY heat up.

We bought ours in a pinch and use the heck out of it. Our hatches were O.K., but we did suffer with this contraption.​

I have a Little Giant and *despise* it.

I finally went out and bought a Hovabator to replace it, and I love it. I have MUCH better hatches in there, it is easier to keep the temp stable and it is easier to keep the humidity up.

I would never, never, never buy a Little Giant again - it is known as the "Chick murderer" around here because it killed so many of my eggs and chicks with temp swings and humidity problems.
sad.png

Kelly

Back
Top Bottom