Opinions please

Countrywife

Corrupted by a Redneck
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
Carolina
I found two broodys this week. I have a chicken tractor that is about 8-10 feet long. I am thinking of putting it in the barn and placing one hen and her clutch in each end to have the babies- opinions of the girls being that close together?

I don't see a problem with that plan, wife. 'Course, remember that I'm broody-challenged.
tongue.png

Well, I opened the maternity ward last night. The first one went in and sat down, no problem. The second one went in and sat down, got up, sat down, got up, got a drink, had a bite to eat, sat down, got up, picked on the other hen, sat down. I went to the house to make human dinner. Went back out after dark, she had gotten OUT of the pen and was back on the old nest with no children. I put her back in the maternity ward. When I went out to check this morning she was still there. So, maybe we have settled. I am not worried about her eggs, between the two of them there must be close to 2 dozen eggs, and I am actually going to order some turkey eggs today and trade one of the girls out when they arrive, let them have the turkey eggs and I will put the chicken eggs in the incubator to finish. Sheesh. This chicken grandma thing is exhausting.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom