Opinions please!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by barredbeans7, Mar 2, 2013.

1. barredbeans7

barredbeans7 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2012
    I am just wanting your opinions on something. I am wondering what u think about coops. I want to know if u think that walk-in coops are easier to clean or smaller coops are easier to clean

2. TXchickmum

TXchickmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    North Texas
    We have three small coops at present. They have good access to the inside/nesting boxes. -fairly easy to clean (and we clean daily). We are constructing an 8 x 12 to house all nine gals. -think the walk-in coop will be a bit easier to keep clean. If you choose a small coop, be sure that you have a large enough door/window to allow for reaching every nook. They manage to soil every space possible.

3. trooper

trooper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Staunton,Va
    I can't say much about small coops because all I have had has been the bigger ones.I like them because I can go in them and move around as I need to.The cleaning isn't bad.I don't clean but once a year.I do touch up in some areas and keep the liter raked so that the shavings and poo are mixed together.I add fresh shavings as needed and it works good.This time when I clean I will use my air compressor to help clean the dust.I like being able to stand up straight and clean.

4. barredbeans7

barredbeans7 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2012
    Thankyou for replying, I think I will get a walk-in coop [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by