Opinions?

Jenn88

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2015
Texas
Ok last week I posted pics of a silkie baby and this week this is what he looks like does it still look like a full silkie or is it mixed? And does anyone know why this guinea looks like this we have two with there wings this way?

Your Silkie has normal, hard feathers. It could just be a throwback to someone mixing something in at some point or it could be because its mixed with something else.
The guinea wings could just be an awkward growing phase, or they could have split wing (where one of the feathers is missing, causing a gap in the wing). At this point, since they're still so young, I wouldn't worry about it. If they stay that way when they're in their adult plummage, you wouldn't want to use them for breeding as they'll pass it on. If they're just being kept as pets and bug patrol, no big deal.

Good luck with them!

Your Silkie has normal, hard feathers. It could just be a throwback to someone mixing something in at some point or it could be because its mixed with something else.
The guinea wings could just be an awkward growing phase, or they could have split wing (where one of the feathers is missing, causing a gap in the wing). At this point, since they're still so young, I wouldn't worry about it. If they stay that way when they're in their adult plummage, you wouldn't want to use them for breeding as they'll pass it on. If they're just being kept as pets and bug patrol, no big deal.

Good luck with them!
x2

Good luck with them!
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom