Opossum vs Chicken Farmer Score is 1-1

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by MMPoultryFarms, Sep 19, 2010.

1. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    Opossum got one of my laying hens MS Red, Opossum then chewed on a 12 guage slug shortly after for desert i was gonna post Pics But theres no reason to be that nasty and graphic

2. WillieBoy

WillieBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Thats the way to do it..that opussum won't be killing anymore of your hens..!

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Whatcha reckon the 12 gauge slug tasted like? Chicken?

4. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    They are my least favorite animal...they decimated my chicken flock and eventually I trapped and shot 11 of them...I have had no more problems but I did put up some bad hot wire...two strands on the bottom and one on the top...no more losses...not funny but it was...I found a mouse hanging on the bottom strand one morning and a week or so ago, there was a snake...he had reached to top bottom hot wire with his tail still on the ground...he was crisp...it has been so hard to keep everyone safe from all types of predators...my neighbor lost two geese last week and a crested Rouen drake he had on his pond...had to be a fox...he is setting traps tomorrow...
    Good shootin' with that .12 gauge...

5. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Whatcha reckon the 12 gauge slug tasted like? Chicken

?

WOWWWW... so funny!!! [​IMG]

6. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Great job!!! [​IMG]

7. TomG

TomG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Lake Oswego
    I live in the city. I wish I could take care of problems with a 12ga.

8. Bassleg

Bassleg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2008
    Lebanon Oregon
    Quote:Sounds like you need a Bow that's nice and quiet!

9. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    I have to admit I am not one for Shooting predators I try to relocate or rehome them if I can but this was personal, I dont name chickens I dont befriend them often As I have a business to run here but. this was a named bird and she was my favorite. and he was just standing there gnawing and looking at me almost as if he winked at me. I mean i had enough time to walk in the house load the gauge trot back outside and he was still enjoying his feast. I will stop there as this definatly isnt a bragging story.

10. wpalmisano

wpalmisano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    I 'd be interested in what you are using for the hot fence. I have bought everything but the energizer. I was thinking 12v battery? No pulses. Thinkin' I might want to fry a coon or two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by