1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

opportunity to get a discount on feed any takers????? upstate NY12989

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by sonew123, Nov 13, 2010.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Ok folks. I have been talking to the purina folks who make layena. Now I might get the opportunity to get a ton ( 80-50lb bags) deleivered right to my door at a discounted rate. Chepaer than what the stores charge which is 13.59$ a bag-I could get it as low at 10 something a bag. I love this product as do my chickens. SO here is what I am asking offering whatever you want to call it

It will cost me around 800+$ to get it in pallet size-I will not do it if I dont have enough people wanting to go in on it with me. I go through 2-3 bags per week I would like to only keep 12 bags a month-they would be willing to do a monthly drop at my door-so this could be a monthly trip for some of you:) I dont want to make a penny just pass off all the savings I would be getting-its great opportunity for a bunch of us to save 2-3$ per bag!!

Fill me in folks-If there are takers I would ask for it to be paid through paypal ( including the small paypal fee) so I do not get stuck with all of it -if you pay for it and cant get it -it will be here when you can get it but it will be paid for and Im not broke holding the bag:) If there is serious interest they can do 2 pallets at an even cheaper price!!

If you live near me this would be a great opportunity for all of us!!!

2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Quote:I'll ask it again . . . why do you have to live so dang far away???????????? [​IMG]

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Yes, wish you lived closer...........

4. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    /agree. I'd do it if not so far away!

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I know this sucks! everyone I know would do it lives hours away from me:-( I just thought if I got 5 people to go in on it with me we could split 1 pallet a month and save 40$ a month on feed:-( But no one seems to have any interest:-(

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:You Jersey girls need to geet together and 1 of you rotate trips here-one of you pick uo for everyone 1x a month or 1x every 6 weeks!! there you go! No one comes to NY in the boondocks???? LOL

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I think you are five hours from me - that really stinks, Nat, cuz I could load up if you were closer, and drive it my DS in NJ and everyone could pick up there, like a co-op!!

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Thats what I was shooting for a co-op;-( but you you guys being so far the savings would amount to 0$ considering gas:-(

9. admhotel

admhotel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Rome, Ny
    Quote:Nat, don't know if you noticed or mis-spoke but a ton would be 40 bags. So I would think it would be more like $400 for a pallet. I would be interested but I purchase my feed at a local feed mill for about $8 a bag so wouldn't make sence for me. Hope that helps you find some other people interested in spliting it with you.

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Nat, don't know if you noticed or mis-spoke but a ton would be 40 bags. So I would think it would be more like $400 for a pallet. I would be interested but I purchase my feed at a local feed mill for about $8 a bag so wouldn't make sence for me. Hope that helps you find some other people interested in spliting it with you.

hmm I think I screwed up somewhere but he did say 80 -50 lb bags and that would be two tons and the pricing would be the same as what I thought?? two pallets?? hmm Ill have to talk to him again obviously to get it straight because I said to him what the heck would I do with 80 bags at once LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by