Opposite of wry neck?

theHedgeFarm

In the Brooder
Dec 11, 2019
NY
I ordered Meyer chicks July 6th and all arrived DOA. Well...one chick was barely alive, and eventually it seemed like she had wry neck and passed away same day.

They were reshipped 7/13 and all were healthy, however there is one chick starting to worry me. Noticed for the past two days that she hangs her head between her legs and never seems to lift her neck/head up all the way. I’ll find her shaking her head between her legs in like a trance. I saw similar behavior in the chick that I thought might have had wry neck, however this chick isn’t stargazing but is hanging her head almost curled underneath her.
Should I be more concerned and what could I do for her? I believe both issues were with the partridge rock chicks so I’m worried to lose this chick like the last heartbreaking episode.

thank you

I'd go ahead and start daily vitamins. My star gazer stood like that. It took about 1-2 weeks of daily vitamins to see improvements. I used the Poultry cell Rooster booster vitamins.

Started feeding electrolytes tonight. She’s still pretty perky I’m just hoping I’m ahead of the curve. I have yet to bring home Poultry nutridrench or save-a-chick, but I do have goat/sheep nutri drench?

Back
Top Bottom