oppps i cracked an egg!

Loretta212

Songster
8 Years
Sep 27, 2011
Meriden ct
i put my eggs in lockdown yesterday and i guess while i was moving them out of the turner i cracked one
sad.png
it doesnt go thru the enitre shell but its a pretty good size any chance it will be ok?

melt some candle wax on it or paint a coat of elmer's glu on it (who here has a chicken named Elmer.. i learned it form you
tongue.png
) and it should be fine but candle it first and see if it looks alive. it could have gotten killed because of heat escaping from the egg and possible yolk leakage.

That would be me, the Elmer's Glue worked great for me, the crack was like an inch on a bantam egg, and Elmer hatched just fine! As long as it isn't leaking fluid, it has a chance!

Quote:
i have hatched a chick that i put candle wax on the egg but that was like 2 weeks before they were supposed to hatch so i didnt know if it being so close if i should just leave it or try and patch it up

The Elmer's glue is really good at mimicking shell strength, I'd patch it, it would be awful if the baby started pushing, getting ready to internally pip, and popped a hole in it's egg before it absorbed its yolk completely. Just paint it along the crack with a paintbrush.

Back
Top Bottom