oppps!! LOcked grandson in the coop with the chicks....OPPs!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mmtillman, Apr 19, 2009.

1. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

My 12 year old grandson Kelly is fasinated with the new 3 week old chicks, [​IMG] and loves helping me feed and water them each time he is here.
    He insisted he wanted to sit in the pen with the chicks for a little while longer this morning when we got all done with the chores.
    But, I was tired and wanted to just come in and lay down for a bit before lunch.
    So , I said ok , but , I told him to be very careful not to step on any as he got up and came out of the chick pen and coop . And to be sure and put back the wire gate to thier pen and LOCK that door as he left the coop!!!
    So I went on to the house and lay down and watched the news for about a half hour.
    I kept expecting him to come on in and soon I began to wonder how he could be sitting in there that long??...so I finally got up off the couch and headed back out to check on him.
    When I got out to the coop , I found him half in and half out of the pop door trying to crawl out....LOL! [​IMG]
    He looked up at me and said, ''Mammaw, you locked me in the coop!!''
    So, he was attempting to crawl out that pop door which just wasnt gonna happen, cause my hubby made a gillotine style door that is very heavy and attached to a pully system, and it had him penned down tight !! He was out of the coop from the waist up , could go no further, so, was waiting patiently for me to come back out to rescue him! [​IMG]
    I only wish I had my camera with me !!!!
    We are so very careful to keep that coop door LOCKED up tight when we leave the chicks...I never realized I locked Kelly in ....I just locked that door out of habit and back to the house I went!! [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is too funny!! [​IMG] I have envisioned locking myself in the coop and we have the same type of pop door you do!!!!

3. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    My kids did that to me once, I had to kick down the door, they didn't even realize they did it. it took a half an hour to get out. [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

Quote:Was that you that I read about a while back??? [​IMG]

5. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    [​IMG] oh that is too funny

6. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    No, I didn't post that one. my kids were embarest, the worest thing was they locked themselves in the chick shed, at least were they were, it was warm.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  7. debilorrah

Someone did post about getting locking in the coop and shimmying through the pop door to get out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by