Oppps.. this is harder then I thought

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicknduck, Sep 7, 2010.

1. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    I made an incubator. I thought I had it all set. Put all my eggs in and on day 3 the temp spiked to 107 [​IMG]
    I guess I should have watched it closley for more then a week to stabalize it. This was my first attempt. That is what I get for not being patient. I did however order a thermostat that was recomended on the board. A Reptitemp 500 R by zoomed. Just waiting to get it in the mail. Discouraged but I will try again. Just needed to vent.

2. chuck12

chuck12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear that,
    It took me a couple of attempts and changes to my home made bator to get high hatch rates,
    I have 11 mystery bantam eggs in now, on day 9 and looking good.

3. mothersin2ition

mothersin2ition Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Othello, WA
    how long was it that high? Did you get it stabilized fairly quickly? There is still hope!! Alot of people have had much higher spikes and still had some hatch...

4. chicknduck

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    It was high for 4 hours i think.

5. new_2_chick_world

new_2_chick_world New Egg

Jul 28, 2010
    We also had a high spike of 107 last night..We only have about 3 days left before hatching...We have no idea why this happened, we had been watching so close until this past week and it had been stayin with in 99 and 100, not really any higher. Was wondering if we still had any kind of hope. I was probally about 10 hours at over 100???
    Any help will be greatly appericated.

6. chicknduck

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    I am really new to this but I am sure someone on here can help. Heres a bump...

7. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Sometimes there is a spike at the end... Just let em run... You might be surprised.. It happens often that there is a spike..I don't know why... It could be active chicks or something... Let em ride... till day 25

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by