OPPS! :( dropped an egg

chillmiller

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 7, 2010
Tonopah/AZ
i was candleing one of my cochin eggs and dropped it from about a foot it hit the carpet and didnt crack but it was day 9 and the chick was moving and now its not and i cant see the air sac
sad.png

i put it back in pointy side down and marked it im gonna check it again in a few hours or so and see if its still moving
sad.png

its really upsetting just before that all 9 of my eggs where Thriving in my incubator

should i wait and see if the air sac re forms or is it to late for this chicky

Last edited:
I have never actually dropped one before, almost on several occasions. I would put it back in and give it a few day and check again. I wouldn't traumatize the embryo any more tonight after that jar of hitting the floor. Just be glad it was carpet and not the kitchen floor!

Quote:
I mark the questionable ones that I can not tell if the embryo died or not when I candle them. I never really had a foul smell out of the dead ones unless they were really far along. Hopefully it can recover with a few days rest!
hugs.gif

once i did have egg that dropped and shell cracked but not the lining..i taped with scotch tape...when it piped shell i removed most of tape..chick was fine..... every time you candle your not gonna see movement..chicks rest also. watch for blood ring when you candle..also you will notice if chick died off..as time goes by will notice dark spot of dead chick and ususally clear (not air sac ) around it. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom