Opps, Help I have no patients or faith!

AnniesEggFarm

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
Ok so I am on day 5 of incubation & have already been candling & seeing NOTHING.... I know, I know, I know... I have a serious problem
frow.gif
! I have never incubated before and thought it would be a fun little experiment, husband's old incubator, our own hens, free, why not
idunno.gif
! Well it has become an obsession because we have NEVER seen our chickens hummm do the deed
ep.gif
. I have been convinced that the eggs are not even fertile, I couldn't take it anymore, I cracked one of those babies open.... I opened it VERY carefully to find, a very small embryo, but there was no seperate yolk and white, just a very running yellow "soup" and some veining with the little embryo (no heartbeat). What would of caused this... I am very sure I didn't break the yolk in the process.... I am worried because for the most part when I candle I cannot define a yolk, so I am now worried that something happened to cause the yolks to rupture ?
idunno.gif
? Please don't cast me out for my multiple sins of handling, candling and cracking open poor babies too early, I could never wait to open presents either, I always would open them and rewrap them before my parents found out, it must be a disease!!!!
barnie.gif

Jenn

Just be careful because too much handling, cooling down, moving about could be harming the eggs. Also fingerprints on the eggs can block the pores so I'm told and provide less oxygen for the developing chick. At least if you saw an embryo you know that some are fertilized.

In the future you could try cracking an egg before hand and look for the bulls eye and this will at least tell you if the egg is furtile.

See I didn't tell ya none of that stuff you said don't tell ya. lol

I had cracked eggs before incubating them (we eat them
droolin.gif
) & have never seen a bullseye? I am more concerned with the fact that the yolk was not intact, the embryo was just floating in a yellow soup. I am about 99.9% sure I didn't rupture the yolk, I was super careful... When I candled I really can't make out a well defined yolk, I am worried that something is going on the make the yolks rupture...
barnie.gif

Jenn
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom