Oprah Oct 14th on treatment of meat animals

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by suebee, Oct 11, 2008.

1. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Don't think I'll be watching. Its about the CARE of animals before they reach your table. About cows, pigs, and chickens, I'm sure. I refused to watch the puppy mill show she had on 2 weeks ago. Can't handle the heartbreak.[​IMG]

Will you watch?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Probably wont watch. First, I cannot stand Oprah, but I'm like you-cant watch animals be mistreated. Just makes me sick.

3. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I can't stand her either. I won't watch her show EVER again.

4. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    I'm with you.. Can't watch. The puppy mill one was aired a couple of times, but I just couldn't watch. Same with this. Can't stand to see it.

Paula

5. newchicks

newchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2008
    KANSAS
    At least Oprah is educating the public on how our 4 legged and feathered friends can be treated by the huge meat porducers. We don't need to watch because we would never treat our animal family members that cruelly, but a lot of people just aren't aware. [​IMG]

6. suebee

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    I can't stand her either but some shows are interesting. My favorite: Last weeks' financial crisis....she was worried about her money. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am not a fan either. My fiance posted some pictures on the Egglands Best thread this morning that shows their idea of humane treatment. The knowledge I have gain has made me vow to never get store bought eggs again. I have to do more research on meat though.

8. suebee

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Quote:The story: A huge billboard was put up right by her studio so she started investigating puppy mills, that led to meat animal treatment. Remember when she did the mistreatment of cows and she got sued? She won, but I'm sure she's walking a fine line. I do say good for her to have the courage to air the story. I see posts on chicken rescue all the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2008
  9. HennyPennies2007

HennyPennies2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    [​IMG] Oprah worried about her money... that's a hoot. I should be so worried. The crisis must have hit her hard I'm sure.... She probably has only what.... 5 or 6 billion left? Poor baby... My heart bleeds for her.

10. dirtdoctor

dirtdoctor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Hollister, Califronia
    Oakra has also showed some FAKED photos of mistreated animals, that her guest said were
    ALIVE, when in reality they were dead and being well, lets say cleaned for processing.

That makes a huge difference btw. I give Oakra no credit for being truethful. When is she going to be telling the FACTS or FICTION. depending on her take and her desired ratings.

SHAME ON OAKRA.

imho
    Jack

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by