Optimism is....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BayouPoules, Dec 1, 2010.

1. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Naming all your chicks feminine names.....[​IMG]

That's how you end up with roos' named Lucy, Irene, Stella......ect
    [​IMG]

Or thinking that you will stop with just a "couple of chickens" [​IMG]

Or that selling eggs will "pay for the $ spent on the chickens" [​IMG]

What are some of your optimistic chicken hopes?!! [​IMG]

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sounds more like delusion that optimism.

How about: thinking my Silkies were going to be affectionate and sit on my lap (NOT). [​IMG]

Being pretty sure my rooster will grow up to be friendly...[​IMG]

Buying a bale of hay, two large metal trash cans, a 50 lb bag of feed, another 50 pound bag of sunflower seed and then realizing as I leave the store I drive a small Jeep. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  3. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Optimism is letting your five year old name your chickens, thereby ending up with a rooster named Sweetie Pie. [​IMG]

4. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Quote:[​IMG] I drive a Grand Am and have done similar things. Nothing like driving around with bags of feed piled so high in your passenger seat you have to crane your neck to see if someone is coming. [​IMG]

5. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Optimism is thinking of all those eggs you'll get ALL year round...even the winter. *sigh*

6. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    optimism is believing that someone other than yourself will just one rake up the poo

7. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Optimism is believing that I can resist hatching anything or adding any chickens at all to the flock until the spring.

(I'm trying my hardest not to get any more eggs or birds for now! At least until PPBA... [​IMG])

8. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:[​IMG] I drive a Grand Am and have done similar things. Nothing like driving around with bags of feed piled so high in your passenger seat you have to crane your neck to see if someone is coming. [​IMG]

That's funny. My car before my Jeep was a Grand Am! I think I actually had more room in that! The Jeep is ridiculous. The guys at Blue Seal are always so good about cramming it all in there for me. And they're some pretty cute guys too, so watching is fun. [​IMG]

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Optimism is realizing you're out of milk for your coffee, because you were cleaning the coop poop and forgot to hit the store, and it only firms up your goal of having a (produces a LOT of poop) cow someday. [​IMG]

10. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Optimism is: Thinking I could teach someone else in my family how to butcher a chicken. (The DW says they have to look like the ones in the supermarket, plucked and dressed, before I can show them to her)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by