Orange and bloody sometimes watery poop!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RnRRidgerunner, Mar 26, 2015.

1. RnRRidgerunner

RnRRidgerunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Gang, I just purchased two Buff Orpington chicks about 6-7 weeks old. I had them in a large 50 quart tub with pine shavings and they started pecking and eating the small pieces. They have a feeder and waterer in there too. They seem healthy, but I noticed they had watery poop, then some with orange, and some with red stuff in their poo. I switched from pine shavings and went to play sand from Lowe's. I also started them on Corrid ASAP. They have been on it for 5 days now, still getting some strange color and some watery and some red. Here is a picture of the orange in the poop from one of the chicks.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Anyone got any ideas? I consulted the "poop chart" on this forum and it appears "normal" cecal matter. I have not seen this with my other chicks I raised. They came from a fringe area of an Avian flu outbreak, but seem healthy otherwise. I am keeping them separate in the garage for now. So question is what the heck is normal. Do I need to get them electrolytes or something? Feed is Dumor starter/grower from TS. Thanks

[​IMG] Buffy and Willow

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    How much Corid are you using?

-Kathy

3. RnRRidgerunner

RnRRidgerunner Chillin' With My Peeps

I am using 1.5 teaspoons powdered per gallon of water.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by