Orange bill, pink bill?

RabbitMage

Songster
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
The boyfriend and I just got some ducks on Tuesday. Two little dark ones, two big yellow ones. The yellow ones are probably Pekins, and little dark ones are either Rouens or Mallards (they're about 2/3s the size of our yellow ones, and I thought Rouens and Pekins would be closer in size).

Anyhow, our yellow ducklings have different colored bills. One is pink, the other is orange. When they're side by side the difference is very noticeable. Does this indicate a different breed, different gender, or do we just have pigmentally special ducks?

With Pekins they will both eventually be orange. One may actually be a little older then the other if it is already orange.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to find some other way to tell them apart if Ping's bill is going to turn orange, too!

I was worried about telling my chickens apart. But given time with the ducks you will notice a physical or personality difference between the two.

Yuup. Gotta love the Pekin attitudes
roll.png

I had a little Pekin with a purple beak. Miss Emma. haha..

Um, at our place if it has a pink bill we generally assume it's a Muscovy. Our Pekins always seemed to have the orange bill & feet at hatch and our Muscovy always have the pink bill & orange feet.

Back
Top Bottom