Orange County Resident Wants Chicken's "Howling Ability" Removed

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by calista, Jul 17, 2011.

1. calista

calista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    I came across this post on another forum and, while I might weep at the unintentionally hilarious ignorance of what a rooster's crowing sounds like to people who've never been around one, I think it's a great object lesson for us all in being considerate of our neighbors in order to keep our backyard flocks:

I live in the Garden Grove area and one of my neighbors has a chicken that howls at least 16 hours/day. Day and night. It howls throughout the night and all the time in the morning. Its pretty darn annoying. The chicken has been around for a while. I think its a pet or something? Oh and closing the window doesn't exactly work, the chicken is LOUD. Its basically this noise every 30 seconds to 1 minute:

Anyone know if there is any regulations against farm animals or noise laws in garden grove area? This issue is far worse than dogs barking since I can just close the window and not hear the dogs barking but the chicken noise is like a higher frequency or something?

I want the chicken gone or its howling ability removed.

[​IMG]

(If any BYC members are in the Garden Grove area, please consider replying to this person's post about any ordinances you know of that would address the issue of the rooster. And then gently explain what CROWING is, as contrasted with HOWLING.) [​IMG]

http://www.city-data.com/forum/orange-county/1332276-farm-animals-oc-constant-noise.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by