Orange gunk in Roo's ears?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by happyhensny, Jan 15, 2011.

1. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Just bought a Rooster and he has orange stuff in his ears, looks like the nasty stuff people get. [​IMG] Any ideas?

2. BAMABIRDS

BAMABIRDS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    Sorry to here that, but the best way to cure that is to take a small syringe and draw up some peroxide ans GENTLY squirt in the ear canal. Do this for 4-5 days in a row. PS dont force it in

3. happyhensny

I'll start that in the am - thanks~

4. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I have a hen that has yellow gunk in her ear. I've been using warm/hot water to soften it. I use tweezers to pull the crap out of her hear. It looks like scambled eggs. It does have a bad smell too. I've been working on this hen for over a week now and the stuff keeps coming back. She is a sport about it though. I use peroxcide with Q-tips after I use the hot water. I massage her around the ear and throat which brings more out. I just can't seem to get to the core. I end up putting baby oil in her ear when I'm finished working on her. I just posted about this a few minutes ago. At least I'm not the only one have that problem right now. Good luck.

5. happyhensny

eeewwww. Ok, great. It comes back. I'll start with the cleaning and antibiotic ointment and hopefully that will clear it up.

6. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    The bird has ear canker. It is hard to get rid of.

I would check First State Vet Supply for treatment and antibiotics.

7. happyhensny

pips&peeps :

The bird has ear canker. It is hard to get rid of.

I would check First State Vet Supply for treatment and antibiotics.

Whoah. Ear canker? I'll look it up. Thanks.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by