Orange POOP?!?!?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Calichicken2015, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Calichicken2015

Calichicken2015 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi!
    I have attactched 2 pics of my girls poop this morning. It has an orange color???? We drained water off her belly on Tuesday...since then she has been slowly returning to normal..eating, drinking, activity. I gave her poly-vi-sol vitamin drops this week...can that be the cause? It does not look like red blood..literally orange? Any thoughts would be appreciated![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And it is liquidy?

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    It might be some of the B vitamins (thiamine) or possibly the increased bile from her ascites and liver problems. Just guessing though. It's hard to tell sometimes without having a fecal float done by a vet where coccidiosis and worms can be diagnosed. Does she have symptoms of egg yolk peritonitis? Ascites can be seen in chickens with heart or liver failure, and in internal laying/egg yolk peritonitis.

3. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    Have you fed them any scraps? I remember once i fed a bunch of tomato pulp after we canned a ton of tomatoes, and their poop was really red and looked bloody and i thought they were dying. Then i looked at their food and made the connection. It was normal after that. I never noticed orange poop out there though.

4. Calichicken2015

Hi! She does not have symptoms of EYP but when I took her to the vet to get the fluid drained,,,she said there was a small mass in her egg tract. She stopped laying eggs a year ago, so we are suspecting some other type of mass. It doesn't appear to bother her or cause pain at this time when they examined her so we will have to see how this plays out. I did give her a round of corrid and dewormed her in October...and decided to give her another round of corrid..just to be safe. The orange poop has just been recent?

5. Calichicken2015

She has gotten some watermelon...and my neighbors little girl fed her cheese off of her pizza[​IMG]We let her know she can't share her pizza with our hen....our hen is such a mooch!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by