ordered a new coop today

san415

Songster
10 Years
May 7, 2009
I built my coop myself. It didn't turn out much like what I planned in my mind. In my mind it was the most wonderful coop, in reality I or my husband have to keep adding corrections to it. And it still leaks. And it looks like a bit of a junk pile, what with the extra wood and tons of plastic stapled to it. Also lots of extra roofing paper on it now also. So my husband said he would build me one or help me build one. So I need him to take time off work to do that. He owns his own business and he was thinking things would be slow after Christmas. But no such luck (for me) he is very happy to be busy. He said order what ever I wanted, it will be cheaper than him taking a week off.

The coop I ordered was from sunset barns in PA. The 4x8 coop was 990 dollars and to have it shipped here in the thumb of Michigan, was 500 dollars. It will have a metal roof and weight almost 900 lbs. I hope if I tip the flatbed driver a BIG tip he will help me get it to where I want it. My Husband thinks he might, f not I will have to wait till my Husband is home to get it moved into the back yard. I will take pictures of the old coop and also of the new one when it gets here.

www.sunsetbarns.com/chicken_coops.html

san415

Songster
10 Years
May 7, 2009
After I posted that link I thought maybe it was wrong to post the link to a site that sells something? If so can one of the moderators remove it? Thank You

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
11 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
Wow, nice coop! Your chickens will love it!
welcome-byc.gif

Ispahan

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 31, 2010
Chicago, IL
Gorgeous coop! Please keep us posted when you receive it. I am also looking for the "perfect" pre-fab coop for my urban yard, so I would love to hear your impressions of this coop once it is delivered.

Thanks,
Corey

Carpe DiHen

Songster
9 Years
Feb 4, 2010
El Dorado County, CA
HIi san415
frow.gif

We had the same thoughts as you! Just not enough time off to build the coop we wanted. We bought essentially the same coop as you, but in a smaller size. If you look at my BYC page, you can see how assembled ours. You folks further east get a better deal on shipping and assembled coops. Plus you seem to have all the hatcherys out your way!

You're gonna love it!
love.gif

Good luck on the delivery and moving it to where you want!

Can't wait to see it!
wee.gif

san415

Songster
10 Years
May 7, 2009
Carpe Dihen
I have checked your web page out, several times. I was going to order the same one you have, only all put together. I know my husband will not be happy if I need a third coop. 1st coop was a small rabbit hutch I converted into a chicken coop for my bantam rooster. He had to go on craigs list for free, to loud. Then I made my trash heap coop, with just stuff from our garage. Its not bad but it has issues. I will post pictures of it and the new coop when I get the new one. Should be about 3 weeks. The guy at sunset barns was great, I have called with some revisions I wanted and he said no problem. The 4x8 coop is taller and longer than the other pre fab ones I have found. I can't wait till it gets here! There will be 6 standard size hens in it.

Corey
I will post how it goes and how customer service is. So far they have been great. Good price too for one that big. The guy who answers the phone, Butch, has been very nice. I have called several times and he seems to know who I am, I must call to much. But he answers all my questions with a lot of patience. So far so good.

Karen_at_LittleBrook

Songster
9 Years
Feb 20, 2010
Rome, NY
I love it! It's very much like the one I am ordering from Woodtex fully assembled with g-board floor, roosts, boxes everything. I gave a lot of thought to the build or buy question... and find that there is no shame in buying!!!! Its quicker and easier. My husband has enough to do and he will be building the run. I'm paying $1550. + tax shipping is free. Im ok with the price to get it done quick and easy and save hubby some stress!

Top Bottom