Ordered a No Crow Rooster Collar

ml143333

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Well, Bob, our 4 month old Plymouth Rock has definitely discovered his voice! He crows all the time. It doesn't matter the time except once it is dark, he quits (thankfully). My family personally doesn't mind the sound, we kind of like it, but we fear our neighbors will complain and we really don't want that since we are technically not supposed to have roosters, only hens.

So...I contacted two chicken rescues within two hours driving time and they haven't called me back. I posted a nice post on our local Craigslist explaining that I want to find him a home, not to be someone's dinner. Of course, I got back some nasty e-mails, but one directed me to the No Crow Collar. I figure it is worth a try and ordered one today.

If that doesn't work, I can always see if our no-kill SPCA will take him, or maybe the zoo?

fl.gif

Maybe a petting zoo might take him. I can't believe someone from CL would send you rude e-mails.....Terrible! I guess it might be difficult for you to find someone to take him though.....Let me know how the collar works! I've never heard of those.

Post your rooster here too, but be sure to list your city/state in the title.......When I needed a rooster, that was something I wanted to see.....Where it was. I just purchased one for my flock recently. I won't be butchering him...he's so sweet, a lavender Orpington.....and very tame. Roosters are so beautiful, but they can be so mean too.......You never know what you're going to get. :)

I hope the collar works out!

Thank you, ChicMom for the advice.

How/where do I post something about him on our site? I don't want to offend anyone or do something against the rules.

If you want to sell him, then click on forum at the top, and scroll down to the buy/sell/trade section. There you will scroll down again and you can sell him by his age, or there's a section for "Animals in Need of Free Rehoming". :)

Thank you. I will take a picture of Bob tonight and post in rehoming "just in case".

Back
Top Bottom