ordered chicks today from cackle hatchery

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blueseal, Feb 28, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i ordered 15 cinnamon queen pullets. 10 white wyandottes pullets. 5 delaware pullets. and1 delaware cockrel. they will be shipped on april 1st. and should receive them by the3rd 0r 4th of april. yeah cant wait.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congratulations.

They should all be wonderful healthy chicks.... and lots of brown eggs come September!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  3. agirly4chicks

agirly4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2009
    Hamilton, Georgia USA
    Did they have good shipping rates? I wanted to order pullets but could not find and good shipping rates.

4. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    yes the cheapest rates of all the hatcherys i looked at $15 dollars for shipping no matter how many you order.

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Congratulations! You wont be dissapointed with the quality of cackle's birds.

6. RIVERA69R

RIVERA69R Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    VENICE FL
    I just got my cackle order in last friday i ordered 15 pullets got 16 all healthy and happy no casualties we got 5 barred rocks and 11 buff orphingtons shipping was 15 bucks [​IMG]

7. wings

wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Congratulations!!!

******REMEMBER TO POST PICS!!!******

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations. Please post some pics when you get them. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. PattiXmas

PattiXmas Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lansing, MI
    We just ordered from Cackle Hatchery and got our chicks yesterday. While we are happy with quality, the customer service we got was shocking. First of all, they never notified us the chicks were shipping and then the post office couldn't get a hold of me at first because Cackle Hatchery had written down my number wrong on the shipper. Fortunately, the post office got a hold of the hatchery and got the number worked out;) My mailman personally delivered the chicks yesterday morning. We only lost 5 out of 45 chicks, so not too bad. The rest are thriving and very noisy!!

10. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I got mine on Tuesday. The hatchery covered up my phone number. But they made it on time. I have had the queens before. They are a very nice and pretty bird. Conjrats and let us know how they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by