Ordered eggs from Schlecht Hatchey - anyone dealt with them?

marcuscarr

Songster
12 Years
Jul 2, 2007
I just ordered two dozen Barred Rock eggs from Schlecht Hatchery to be shipped on January 21st. The bator is finished and stable with 64% humidity.

Do I need to get that humidity down to around 50%?

Has anyone dealt with Schlecht hatchery before?

oops, lol, maybe I should drill the vent holes. =]

The box is sealed right now. Drilling holes tonight.

I'm considering them for ducks and geese. I thought about getting a few barred rocks from them, but I was thrown a bit by their description of the birds. If I remember correctly, they said something about BRs being about 5.5lbs at maturity. Sooo, I wasn't sure if they just had goofy information, or if their strain was actually this small. But anyway, I decided to pass on the BRs. However, other than this, I really have no experience with them. I do like that they seem to be a family owned and run hatchery that breeds their own birds, and while they have a fixed $15 s&h charge, their prices are hard to beat.

I paid $12 for 2 dozen eggs, plus $12 for shipping. Maybe they reduced the price of shipping?

Marcus

I ordered some ducks and a bantam assortment from them last year. Ducks were great, I was ok with the bantams, they just weren't an "assortment" lol

They're out of Iowa and looking at their prices they are much cheaper than other hatcheries. www.schlechthatchery.com

smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom