Ordered for spring 2015!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MountainOrchard, Nov 12, 2014.

1. MountainOrchard

MountainOrchard Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2014
    Virginia
    Got a text alert from Meyer Hatchery that their 2015 chicks are up for order. Five minutes later, got mine in. [​IMG] Getting Salmon Faverolles, Blue Ameraucanas, and Patridge Penedesenca. Now gotta wait for spring! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Now that's something to look forward to! New chicks are so fun. How many birds will you have once these come?

3. MountainOrchard

Mar 28, 2014
    Virginia
    This will bring the total to 14. Love that chicken math! [​IMG]

4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Yep, chicken math...gotta love it! [​IMG]

5. KurtG

KurtG Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2014
    Maryland
    Me too!!!! 15 Maran pullets from Meyers - 5 Black Copper, 3 Blue Splash, 3 Golden Cuckoo, and 4 Cuckoo

6. KurtG

KurtG Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2014
    Maryland
    I forgot to ask what date you got?

I was selected for March 24-26, which sounds pretty ideal. Going to have to sell some or give them to my Mom (has a farm) as we are not allowed to keep that many, but wanted to make sure we end up with what we wanted. Started the coop this past weekend (moved fence, cleared area and bought some of the lumber).

7. MountainOrchard

Mar 28, 2014
    Virginia
    I got the week of April 5-9. Can't wait!!

8. daddyman

daddyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2012
    Glad to hear that my wife and I were not the only ones ordering upon receipt of the message.

Four little girls next spring to add to our flock of chaos!

This time a golden cookoo Marans, olive egger, speckled Sussex, and a meal maker.

Whee!

9. McKennA

McKennA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2014
    I didn't know you could get a text alert so missed out on some of the breeds I wanted to order for Spring 2015. We moved to rural Kentucky this past summer, and are excited about venturing into the backyard chicken realm. When I missed out on the Blue Ameraucana and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte's I thought I would just buy chicks at TSC in the spring. I probably should have stuck to that because chicken math got me. I was going to get 8 chickens to start out this year, but because I wanted some color in my eggs, and some variety in my flock I decided to order 2 Easter Eggers, and then a rare breed assortment for a some fun, 5 of those so I am guaranteed at least 3 different breeds, lol. So, add 5 to my original 8 for a total of 13 from My Pet Chicken. 2 RIR, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 SLW, 2 Easter Eggers, and 5 surprises arriving the week of April 20th. Can't wait!

10. SimplyLogan

SimplyLogan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2012
    Cajun Country
    Got my ordering too. I ran in to the problem where some of the breeds I wanted were not available the same ship date. Very frustrating. However, Because of some specific things I wanted I decided on, 2 Buff Orph, 2 olive eggers, 2 New Hampshire red, 2 golden buff, 2 EE's, 1 each roo EE and black copper maran. then I got brave and got 5 adopt me bargains. Hope I don't get all 5 roo's lol. Hoping some of the others I wanted open up for my ship date. I cant wait, my hubby though I was kidding when I said I needed a new coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by