Ordered from Ideal - Anyone in New Hampshire Interested?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 4hooves&featheredfriends, Jan 7, 2009.

1. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I called Ideal today and spoke to their customer service to place my order for chicks to be shipped on the 25th of February. I ordered 15 of them to find out that they would put 5-8 cockerels in the order for warmth. As I really don't need roosters, after my experience with my neighbors it was suggested to find people in the area to add to my order.

I am located in SWNH, about 25 minutes from Keene and Brattleboro - if anyone would be interested in adding 5-8 birds to my order that would be fabulous. The shipping costs could be split based upon the # of birds and I have asked them to mark my breeds.

If I get desperate maybe I will order some more birds hoping to sell them after they start growing up as I really don't need more birds.

Thanks and I hope that this post is appropriate.[​IMG]

I am on BYC and I can't stop......my neighbor just stopped over and dropped of Living With Chickens...funny huh.

2. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i am in seabrook, are you too far from milford>?

3. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't help you by taking any birds, but if you can't find someone to split with, I'd go with the larger order. Even the best hatcheries get a cockeral mixed in here and there anyway, so if you can't have or don't want ANY roos, it's that extra insurance. Post the extras on Craigslist and leave word where you buy your feed, I'll bet you'll sell the them real quick!!!

Just my two coppers, sorry to butt in. [​IMG]

4. glowworm

glowworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2008
    SacraTomato, CA
    buy extra pullets. You can sell them really easy once they are feathered enough for outdoors. There are a lot of people who don't want to bother doing indoor brooding and will pay for it.

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I agree with buying enough pullets to not get the peanuts. You can post on Craigslist and they will sell very fast. You can also put a post on the wall at the Bratt or Keene Agway and sell the extra. You know you can also order through either agway and only get what you want. They both take spring orders.

6. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Just what you need chickn..... more chicks [​IMG]

BTW: The babies are doing good, getting big !!!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  7. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    4hooves&featheredfriends :

I called Ideal today and spoke to their customer service to place my order for chicks to be shipped on the 25th of February. I ordered 15 of them to find out that they would put 5-8 cockerels in the order for warmth. As I really don't need roosters, after my experience with my neighbors it was suggested to find people in the area to add to my order.

I am located in SWNH, about 25 minutes from Keene and Brattleboro - if anyone would be interested in adding 5-8 birds to my order that would be fabulous. The shipping costs could be split based upon the # of birds and I have asked them to mark my breeds.

If I get desperate maybe I will order some more birds hoping to sell them after they start growing up as I really don't need more birds.

Thanks and I hope that this post is appropriate.[​IMG]

I am on BYC and I can't stop......my neighbor just stopped over and dropped of Living With Chickens...funny huh.

What breed are you looking for ??​

8. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I ordered 3 of each BR, BO, Golden Laced Wyandottes, Black Australorps and Danish Leghorns.

OH yeah and I am just over an hour from Milford- now everyone has me thinking I should get more. Any suggestions?

9. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i have been caught..lol
    i just cant control myself is all.
    well in a few months you can bring them to the swap at tractor supply to sell.
    speckled sussex or partridge rocks are always a good choice [​IMG]

10. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    BTW........ there is a poultry show at the big E in Springfield in 2 weeks and people sell birds there. Here is the link. I dont know if your ready for birds yet, but it is a great time anyway.

http://www.thebige.com/calendar/2184.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by