ordered it

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dave_Cash69, Feb 28, 2009.

1. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    I ordered my small 3 egg chickbator incubator today.
    its small, and is just what i need in an incubator.
    hopefully it works?

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Do you mean the wihte electronic one or the yellow domed one, for the first I know nothing about it but I have seen pictures for the little yellow plastic one , most people say they do not work and I have not heard anyone that has had any luck hatching anything in them. Good luck maybe you will be the first and you can tell us about it .
    make shure you dont use expensive eggs though and keep a very close eye on it.

3. dave_Cash69

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    well, thank god I didnt order it. I have just read stuff about it and how it doesnt work.
    I sent it to my sister to order it for me, but I told her not to.

How about the hovabator still air incubator, is it good?

4. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    its what I got it's not the best or the fanciest or the latest but it gets the job done. I love it but I have never filled it completely with eggs [​IMG] . You gotta like the hova's.

Another one that people might recommend is the hova bator genesis.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  5. dave_Cash69

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    How about the little giant still air?

6. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Make a home made one . Missprissy has a link under her signature i believe or just search t on BYC

7. lilbreeches

lilbreeches Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Delight, AR
  8. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    My dad made one and i hatched button quial in it

9. Faverolle

Faverolle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Quote:I have one that I used once so far, approximately a 60% hatch. I ordered a new model (1588) and will probably use the little giant the last 3 days instead of the full course.

10. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I just orderd a Little Giant Still Air Incubator from , Tractor supply company , 42.oo dollers and only 8.00 for shipping , Some people say there junk and some people like them, from everything I have read about them they work fine for being a styro still air you just have to make shure you have the temp set right and be carefull to pay attention to it.
    Good luck
    Alot of people like miss prissy's home made one , I decided I would probly elxtracute my self but most people that know the right end of a screw driver can make one and most people have good results , and they only cost about 20-30 to make depending on what you have laying around and how much it cost to buy the stuff you dont have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by