1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ordered more chicks...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Vanessabuffsnsilkies, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Well after raising about 30 chicks since the end of April and ending up with 3 hens I've ordered 18 pullets and one cockeral from Ideal. I hope whatever kind of problem they were having that I read about on here has been taken care of.

Ordered a new breed Salmon Favorelle, some EE's and some Barred Rocks...and 2 more buff silkies [​IMG] just in case this little one I have turns out to be a dude.

They are to be shipped on the 16th...hopefully they will get here by the 18th at the latest.

2. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    changed my order to include partridge silkies and wellsummers...yeah!!!

3. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Lucky you. I would go ahead and order now too, if I thought we could have the coop ready by the time they were ready to go out, but hate to take the chance, and told DH he had a reprieve until next Spring. My coop is going to be about 10 x 12, because i know the way I love stuff, I am going to want more and more and the more space i have I can safely add one here and there without overcrowding. I also think about replacing the hens with pullets, and there will NO killing my old gals, I can't do it. They can live with me until their last days being happy old eggless ladies.

4. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I spent a little more than I should have [​IMG] but my husband said after the whold rooster ordeal to just go ahead and order some pullets from a hatchery...I ordered and of course changed it twice to include the silkies that I just can't live without. It's much easier to sell or rehome hens than roosters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by