ORDERED MY CHICKIES TONIGHT!

taratrip

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 2, 2008
camden county south jersey
well I finally did it! after all these months of over thinking everything I finally decided to get day old BO's and 2 white crested polish from MPC. The coop is ready but we still have to finish the run but I am figuring we have plenty of time because they aren't even being shipped until around the 10th of Sept. and they will be in the brooder for the first few months or so. My 7yr old son is so VERY excited. We are setting up an old dog crate as the brooder and I think I will keep it in the garage..again over thinking this because I have 2 cats I have to keep away from them but worried it will be chilly at night. My one cat is known as the "terminator" and LOVES birds! So I have to be cautious. But all in all I am so very excited! I will post many pics and keep everyone updated!
big_smile.png

Quote:
My Pet Chicken - a hatchery that allows you to order a few chicks at a time (vs the 20-25 minimum required by most online hatcheries).

nice going! I ordered my chicks from MPC at lunch today as well. The rest of the things I needed (first time chicken purchaser!) I got from tractor supply for half the cost that MPC sells them for.

Back
Top Bottom