ordered my freedom rangers

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by TinaSwarr, May 6, 2011.

1. TinaSwarr

TinaSwarr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    placed my order last night for the end of the month, but got a call from the hatchery this morning saying they would be in the area on this coming wednesday and offered to drop off my order...now that is what i call good service. my only question for others is about my fencing i do not have a high fence on my meatie pen never seemed to need it before does anyone think this should be changed with this breed, I know if i tried to put my leghorns in this pen they would hop the fence in seconds it is only 3 feet tall.

2. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    Heh, no. I think you'll be fine. I'm in the middle of doing mine, and they've never even considered that they might be able to get off the ground even though they're free ranging with my naughty layer flock who fly over the fence to lay eggs in the hay.

3. Saltysteele

Saltysteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    MI
    my freedom rangers could jump/fly up on that.

mine run around, bounce chests with each other (some of them think they're pretty tough), and fly around a bit

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  4. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Absolutely! Freedom Rangers WILL fly out of that after they are fledged! Mine used to fly out of my 7 foot fencing every chance they could, I had to clip wings on several just to teach them not to do it.

5. wholehearted

wholehearted Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Congrats on ordering your Freedom Rangers! We are really enjoying ours so far at 2 1/2 weeks in! Reading these responses has me a little worried though as we are planning to use 4 ft electric poultry net fencing once they are outdoors.

6. TinaSwarr

TinaSwarr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Thanks for the responses...I will have to do something about the fence in the next couple of weeks..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by