Ordered my Genesis 1588....Update....It's here!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mamaboyd, Apr 15, 2008.

1. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Well, I ordered my Genesis 1588 hova bator last night, so now I have to patiently wait til it gets here!!! I've got so much reading to do on everything so I guess that will fill my time. I'm so excited. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  2. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    You will LOVE it!! It is so easy to use!! Congratulations!

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Congrats your going to love it!

4. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I've had mine full and going for about a week now, so far it's running like a dream...darn that thing holds temp steady!! [​IMG]

5. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    1588 hovabator did include the turner?I have my new hovabator also it is forced air but I didn't get the turner I am going to try the egg carton method and should loading it up this week maybe fri.It has held the temp and humidity well for the last 24 hrs.I am so pleased after my horrible exper.w/still air little giant.

6. mamaboyd

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Quote:No, I didn't get the turner. I'm going to try the hand turning thing and maybe test the egg carton method as well. Keep us posted as to how the egg carton method goes!!
    I know I'm going to just love the 1588, since I'm a newbie at all of this, the least complicated the better. [​IMG][​IMG]

7. mamaboyd

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    My Genesis came today!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I got a notice in my mailbox saying there was package down at the post office, so I went speeding down there to get 5 minutes before it closed. My hubby was trying to make me wait until tomorrow morning when I had more time [​IMG] I went anyways because I was so excited. It only took 8 days from ordering it to get here, talk about fast service.
    Know to get me a roo and get those fertilized eggs from my girls and we'll be off and incubating. What have you guys gotten me into [​IMG]

8. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    Quote:That is one of the greatest things about this machine! Even if you do hand-turn the temp and humidity recover very quickly and stay put with great accuracy. Mine fluctuates less than a degree.

Richard

9. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    congrats to you the hova faire will not be coming to me this year but she will one year yet LOL

10. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    My Genesis came today!!
    I got a notice in my mailbox saying there was package down at the post office, so I went speeding down there to get 5 minutes before it closed. My hubby was trying to make me wait until tomorrow morning when I had more time I went anyways because I was so excited. It only took 8 days from ordering it to get here, talk about fast service.
    Know to get me a roo and get those fertilized eggs from my girls and we'll be off and incubating. What have you guys gotten me into

8 days is great!!!![​IMG] I ordered mine Saturday and have more eggs being shipped next Monday. It's going to be close but I might have it just in time. I have a batch in my LG right now and I'm about ready to pull my hair out. Yesterday was day 18 so I took the turner out and then was up every hour during the night trying to get the temp regulated again. It took it forever to come back up. I guess that's better than being too hot [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by