Ordered new chicks from Meyer

fuzziecreatures

Songster
8 Years
May 2, 2011
Southwestern PA, Flock since 5/2011
I just placed my order with Meyer Hatchery in Ohio this evening! They are coming March 20th-23rd, somewhere in there. We are the next state over so I'm guessing the 21st.
I ordered 25 straight run Assorted Brown Layers and 25 straight run Rare Layers. I just couldn't make up my mind with which breed I wanted to order, so I went with both layer assortments because they contained the breeds I was trying to decide on.
Has anyone else gotten these assortments and how varied were they? I figured with 25 of each assortment I should get a better variety than if I only ordered 10 of each.
We are building a new 3 season shelter with a run to put the babies in to grow up. They will brood in the shed with the rest of the chickens not far away, and when they are fully feathered they get a new outdoor home.

I just ordered from them also! I only ordered 16 but I'm so excited. My hatch date is 3/26. I've never received a living creature in the mail before so this should interesting:) Looks like you and I are from the same area...small world!:)

Back
Top Bottom