Ordered Reptipro 6000, got... Herp Nursery ll

Hi guys, are there big differences between the Repripro 6000 and the Herp Nursery ll?
I ordered one off ebay (rep 6000) and what showed up, looks pretty much identical to it, but the manual (which seems german?) says Herp Nursery ll. I just wondered if anyone here could speculate on it, before I start questioning my ebay seller. From what I can tell, one might be a UK model but I thought I would ask here since you're all so knowledgable with brands, etc :)

If they are different, I wonder if price-wise they are similar and maybe I would be better off keeping it.

It's black :( What do you mean by knock off? So, the ebay listing specifically called it a Reptipro 6000.. now what? :(

Well, they lied and didn't send a Reptipro, so I would get into contact with them and tell them that they didn't send you what you paid for and you want a refund. If they refuse, open a dispute with eBay.

Do you have a link to the listing? I mean knock-off as in cheapo look-alike. Most likely it is not as good quality as an actual Reptipro would be.

Here's a review thread of someone talking about the incubator you bought:

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/equipment-supplies/941618-lucky-reptile-herp-nursery-ii.html

Looks like the consensus is that the display does NOT read the correct temperature, and there are temp differences of up to 6.2 C between shelves.

m.ebay.ca/itm/Reptile-Egg-Incubator-Us-Stock-Reptipro-6000-Thermoelectric-Free-Shipping/112709600790?_mwBanner=1

Looks just like this one. Can't find the exact link on my phone right now.
Thank you

Well, they lied and didn't send a Reptipro, so I would get into contact with them and tell them that they didn't send you what you paid for and you want a refund. If they refuse, open a dispute with eBay.

Do you have a link to the listing? I mean knock-off as in cheapo look-alike. Most likely it is not as good quality as an actual Reptipro would be.

Here's a review thread of someone talking about the incubator you bought:

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/equipment-supplies/941618-lucky-reptile-herp-nursery-ii.html

Looks like the consensus is that the display does NOT read the correct temperature, and there are temp differences of up to 6.2 C between shelves.
I read that too. Horrible reviews for it. Sigh I have to pay the shipping to send it back plus a 20% restocking fee according to the eBay listing for their returns. Though I feel I shouldn't have to since it's the wrong item! I would just keep it but I don't want to risk a shoddy model when I'm trying to incubate my emu eggs!

Don't pay to ship back or restock. Open a dispute. They did not send you what you ordered. Simple as that. Open a dispute. Did you pay via PayPal? If so, you are even better off. PayPal has a STRONG history of siding with the buyer, even when it was clear the seller was correct. Normally I would say "booooo PayPal, you are shady always siding with the buyer", but in this case that would work in your favor.

Don't pay to ship back or restock. Open a dispute. They did not send you what you ordered. Simple as that. Open a dispute. Did you pay via PayPal? If so, you are even better off. PayPal has a STRONG history of siding with the buyer, even when it was clear the seller was correct. Normally I would say "booooo PayPal, you are shady always siding with the buyer", but in this case that would work in your favor.
Thanks that's why I use PayPal too lol I'm hoping it will get resolved. Now I need to find a place to buy the actual reptipro 6000 in Canada!

Thanks that's why I use PayPal too lol I'm hoping it will get resolved. Now I need to find a place to buy the actual reptipro 6000 in Canada!

They aren't making them right now. They've run into some production issues with their new model so they don't know when they will be available. I looked into this myself a couple months ago for my own emu eggs. Unfortunately the only way you're going to be able to get an actual Reptipro right now is to find one used.

I have not seen one out for sale in about a year.
I have one seldom use niw.

Was thinking about getting another. But went gqf cabinets instead.

The ebay ad was not as claimed. So you shouldnt have to pay to ship it back, restock fee, and expect a full refund.

Back
Top Bottom