Ordered the Genesis 1588!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SGM, Aug 25, 2008.

1. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I did it! And its all your fault!!!! Just kidding! [​IMG] I ordered the Genesis 1588 just now with automatic egg turner. I'm so excited! I can't wait to get it and put it to use! Just need some eggs now. Come on chickens, start laying!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Your going to love it I know I do mine. Congrats and Happy hatching!

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

HAHA! Find professional help now, because the addiction is just getting started. Wait until that first batch of eggs comes out of the incubator! You'll be hooked...

4. denasfarm

denasfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Sweet Home Alabama!!
    I have had mine for a month now! LOVE IT! But my turner is a dud. It doesnt turn! Soooo Check your turner BEFORE you load it with eggs and walk away!
    I ended up taking it off the motor and pushing it back and forth for my first hatch! and go ahead and buy a hygrometer now, you will need that too!

5. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    im so impressed with mine it is to me the best thing since sliced bread in my opinion. i cant say enough for these lil styro bators i usually hate styro but this model has changed that for me alot good luck with yours hope u do well with it.

6. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Thanks everyone! [​IMG] I did buy a combo hygrometer/thermometer, but I want to be sure I got a good one. Do you have any recommendations? I remember last time I hatched eggs with the old hovabators still air kind. I had nothing but different readings from the ones I used. They were cheaper versions so this time I bought a much nicer one.

7. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    If you have a bator with no fan installed in it, you can make and install one yourself by using a computer fan and a 12v charger from an old toy or a cordless phone.

Go back to the first few pages of this thread and search how to make your own fan.

Before I got my Sportsman, I used still-air stryo. bators and found that they improved greatly with three things added to them:

(1) i made an expansion coller out of stryofoam so that I could raise the height of my top up 2-3 inches

(2) Add the homemade fan and it helped keep the temps and humidity stable

(3) put the bator bottom up on some strips of wood so that the bottomside gets clear ventilation, improved circulation also.

8. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Thanks but I sold all my old bators back then. So I don't have any of them anymore. That's why I got this one, I am starting from scratch again.

9. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Quote:What Hygrometer did you get?

10. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by