Ordering Chicks and Hawaii

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Volchitsa, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Volchitsa

Volchitsa New Egg

Apr 13, 2012
    Hello everyone!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've raised chickens for about 7 years and this is my first time ordering online. Super eggcited! Buuuttt... I live in Hawaii and from a lot of hatcheries websites, it seems that either they don't ship here, or if they do, it would cost me about $40. I just can't spend that at the moment.
    So, to anyone who lives in Hawaii or could help, what is the best place to order from that wouldn't kill me on shipping?
    I sent Ideal an email, and someone emailed back saying it's only a few cents per chick... I know that just can't be the total for the shipment. I'm confused...

2. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    Try posting on the "Where are you? Here I am!" section of the forum....or put 'Hawaii' in the search term at the top of the page. You'll find some like-minded folks in there.

3. Dakine

Dakine New Egg

May 10, 2012
    Asagi hatchery. Oahu I just got 7 for $37 dollars by mail a week ago here to Molokai. They are so far doing GOOD.

http://asagihatchery.com/

4. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I have bought chicks from mypetchicken.com several times with great results.
    Still looking for chicks?
    What island are you on?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by