Ordering chicks question? Show Me Your Pics Of Your Buff Silkies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Teresaann24, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I will be placing my first order at ideal plz post some pics of your buff chicks from ideal and of them as grown!!!...I cant wait to see them!

"I wanted to order some buff silkies from ideal hatcery i saw they have them up till the 10th of december. I am going to send out my payment tomorrow. How long will it take to get my payment to texas before they are sold out? and if they are sold out what happens? Will i get my money back or will I have to wait till they have another hatch ready?"

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Can you not use a card to pay for it? Or a check by phone? Lots of places accept checks by phone. That would get your payment there instantly, and assure you'd get the chicks you want, when you want them...

Priority mail isn't too expensive to send just a letter-size, and it will definitely get there in time, if that's your only choice. I would talk to them on the phone before mailing it, though.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

3. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Quote:I have to agree with jossanne on this. Give them a call and speak to Rachel. Her extension is #5400. She was very helpful with my order and she can tell you what to do. If you use a card to pay for your order they don't charge your card until 2-3 days before the scheduled hatch date.

4. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Thank you all! I will give them a calling in the morning and update this tomorrow.

5. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:I have to agree with jossanne on this. Give them a call and speak to Rachel. Her extension is #5400. She was very helpful with my order and she can tell you what to do. If you use a card to pay for your order they don't charge your card until 2-3 days before the scheduled hatch date.

Thanks for rachels extension she was very helpful she told me that the payment through the mail should make it there in time that they still had 45 buff silkie chicks but if not they had another hatch date the 22nd and if my payment got there and they was all gone i would get my order filled on the 22nd so either way not bad so looks like i will be getting me some buff silkie chicks soon!!!!!!!! thank you all for the help!!!

6. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Question...On the ideal mail in form it asks for 2nd and 3rd breeds what does that mean?

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

That means what you want in case they run out. You can make a note saying "no substitutions". Just as a warning to everyone ordering chicks in cool months, keep an eye on the weather not only where the hatchery is, but also on the route where they will have to travel to get to you. It may be 75F out your window, but if there is below freezing weather or a blizzard with high winds in the direction the chicks are coming, consider waiting a few weeks for better temps as nobody wants to open a frozen box of chickicles.

Here are some of mine from Ideal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    They are beautiful, Well they will be coming from texas to kentucky..So I dunno I really wanna order some now but its awful cold in kentucky right now. I am hoping to get the order for the 10th but if they are out by the time my payment gets there it will be around the 22nd. So its gonna be cold all over!!!!! [​IMG]

Also silkie how many did you order and did you order st run? How many roos did you get and how many pullets did you get?

9. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I sent out my payment today for my buff silkie chicks I only order 8 and am sharing the shipment with my aunt. So I will only get 4 but thats all I can handle at the moment.

Question Will they put packing peanuts in with my silkie chicks and how many?

10. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Yes, you'll get lots of packing peanuts since it's so cold. I got 15 with my order of 10 back in October.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by